For many, the concept of hiring a Freelancer to build their new website or look after their graphic design work is a new one, and in some cases unheard of. But we’re out there! We’re good at what we do and we’re a pretty a great option for many businesses.
Here are 8 reasons why:
1. You get Personal Service
- Working with a Freelancer gives the client (you?) the opportunity to develop a one-on-one relationship with the person who will handle your projects from start to finish. Account Managers provide this service, but most often in a general knowledge / “Let me find that out for you” capacity. A good Freelancer knows their stuff, the project limitations, and is your once-stop-shop for advice and solutions.
- A strong relationship between freelancer and client is mutually beneficial.
2. We’re Flexible
- Freelancers aren’t swamped by layers of middle management, approvals processes and dated procedures (though we’ve probably all worked somewhere just like that). Freelancers are generally more available and flexible when it comes to things like last minute amendments, tight deadlines and very short turnaround times.
- We like happy clients who are happy with their final product, so while we too have a set number of revisions, we’re a little more flexible and (within reason of course).
3. The Cost Factor
- Limited overhead expenses mean your $$ go straight into your project.
- It’s worth noting that many Agencies and bigger businesses regularly outsource their digital work to Freelancers to fill a temporary need or an overflow of work they don’t want to turn down. I am at that person for several agencies across Australia! So at the end of the day, you might be paying a higher rate but receiving the outcome.
4. You get to choose
- Freelancers have varied skill sets. Target the person that best suits your need.
- Every freelancer has their own style & personality, so review different portfolios and find a Freelancer with work samples you like, and who has delivered products in a similar style / vein to what you’re after.
5. We know our stuff
- With a wide range of experience, we’re experts in our fields and have completed projects for a wide range of target markets, age groups and audiences.
- Freelancers are passionate about what they do and rely on referrals, repeat business and word of mouth. If we weren’t any good, we probably wouldn’t survive as a sole trader.
- We don’t freelance because we can’t find a job. We do it by choice, and enjoy the challenge.
- With less restrictions, we’re on top of the latest online trends and technologies, and are generally only restricted by client guidelines and requirements.
6. We’re well connected
- Don’t think that because we specialise in a certain area e.g. Freelance Web Design or Freelance Graphic Design, we can’t offer you a wider range of services and packages (just like an agency can). We’re well connected. And work with other freelancers as required to offer a full range of services including Copywriting, SEO, Custom Developments/Builds etc. Please ask!
7. We’re Accountable
- We own a project from start to finish, and have a vested interest in it’s success. Referrals and happy clients are everything to us.
8. You’re supporting local business
- Like many small businesses and sole traders in Australia, we are proud of what we do and rely on businesses locally to utilise our services to keep the doors open and help us grow. It’s good Karma.
Have a project you’d like to discuss? Please get in touch.